Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A MUCH Better Day!

Today was a MUCH better day.  Willie slept through the night after we doped him up on anti-nausea meds.  He woke up this morning still feeling nauseous and dry heaved all the way to the hospital.  We were lucky to have the same nurse as yesterday so she got right to work getting him some medication.  I knew he was feeling better when he opened his eyes and looked across the room at me.  He pointed at his foot and shook it twice which is his way of asking for a foot rub.  I smiled at him moved my chair closer to rub his foot.  He smiled and closed his eyes, obviously pleased with himself for his clever communication. 
I spent the day sitting at the end of his bed occasionally rubbing his feet whenever he would wake up and shake his foot in demand.  He had three radiation treatments spaced 4 hours apart so we would go downstairs for his 8 minute treatment then come back up to the cancer center and wait the 4 hours.  He spent most of the time sleeping as he is feeling exhausted.
I knew he was really feeling better when he asked for some french fries.  We stopped on the way home and got him some.  He ate each fry like it was the last one on the planet.  So far they have stayed down just fine and he is sleeping again. 
That's all the updates for the day. 
Short and sweet. 
That's so unlike me!

No comments:

Post a Comment